Re: 2 issues with AS2 vs. AS1.8

Sean Dague (sean@dague.net)
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:09:46 -0400

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:34:08AM -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> Sean Dague wrote:
> >Pulled CVS a couple nights ago and still have a couple of issues with AS=
2.=20
> >These are annoyances more than bugs, but would be great if they were fix=
ed
> >(or had a conf file option to set them)
> >
> >1. Pager gets focus.  In AS1.x if you mouse over the pager, it doesn't t=
ake
> >focus from the last window you had focus in.  In AS2 it does.  So when y=
ou
> >mouse over the Pager, no window now has focus.  I like the old behavior.
>=20
> Add No Focus to your database entry for the Pager :
>=20
> Style "Pager"  NoFocus,NoHandles,Layer 3

Excellent, works like a charm.
=20
> >2. Title bar avoidance.  In AS1.x there isn't title bar avoidance between
> >windows so you can slide windows easily amoung each other.  Window=20
> >placement
> >gets really jumpy in AS2 because all the title bars are trying to avoid=
=20
> >each
> >other. :(
>=20
> Add :
>=20
> WindowEdgeAttraction  0

Also works great, but this stub isn't in the default feels file.  Perhaps it
should be added?

One more thing, even if I remove the AvoidCover on *Wharf, I still get
window avoidance.  I'd like for apps to be able to slide under it.  Any
thoughts there?

	-Sean

--=20

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW