Re: NoHandles on different apps

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:45:29 -0500

Graydon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:29:59PM -0500, Sasha V. scripsit:
>

>>cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.aftercode.net:/home/cvsroot login
>>cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.aftercode.net:/home/cvsroot co
>>afterstep-stable
>

> Should afterstep-stable now build on its own?
>
> Actually, what is the proper build order --
>
> libAfterBase, build and install
> libAfterImage, build and install
> afterstep-stable, build and install

Well, you don't need to do this long routine - just build and install
afterstep-stable - that handles all the libraries as well.

> is what I have been doing, but I'm wondering if that's still right.
>
> libAfterBase (as of this morning) is still refusing to compile --
>
> gcc -O2  -pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686   -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c fs.c
> fs.c: In function `my_scandir':
> fs.c:539: `DIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fs.c:539: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> fs.c:539: for each function it appears in.)
> fs.c:539: `d' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fs.c:572: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> fs.c:574: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> fs.c:594: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> fs.c:606: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> fs.c:618: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make: *** [fs.o] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.22998 (%build)

Could you e-mail me your afterstep-stable/libAfterBase/config.log file,
as well as afterstep-stable/config.log .

> And I'm wondering if I should be trying to compile the whole thing at
> once or something like that.

Yeah, try and do that and let me know if problem goes away.

Sasha