Re: OpenOffice and other apps does not start

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 06:56:53 -0400

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:45:50PM +0400, Igor Kononov scripsit:
> Frank Ronny Larsen wrote:
> >On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 08:50, Alexei V. Mezin wrote:
> >>OpenOffice fails to start in AS2 but work under all other WMs.
> >
> >I had this same problem with an internal Java application I was
> >developing when I tested AS2. It failed to open the java file dialog.
> >
> >Doesn't OOo also use some kind of java VM internally?
> >
> i have same problems with java programms: dbmodeller, dbvisard  .
> and i checked java programms with as1.8 - all ok

Open Office 1.1 starts under AS2.

I have no idea what the difference is.

I can run a java demo ok --
./java -jar ../demo/jfc/Notepad/Notepad.jar

from the Sun 1.4.2 j2sdk, but that doesn't sound like a sufficient test.
It does open and do stuff, though.

This is AS2-cvs as of Oct 10. (I really ought to update!)

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,