Re: OpenOffice and other apps does not start

Sean Dague (sean@dague.net)
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:14:19 -0400

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:56:53AM -0400, Graydon wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:45:50PM +0400, Igor Kononov scripsit:
> > Frank Ronny Larsen wrote:
> > >
> > >I had this same problem with an internal Java application I was
> > >developing when I tested AS2. It failed to open the java file dialog.
> > >
> > >Doesn't OOo also use some kind of java VM internally?
> > >
> > i have same problems with java programms: dbmodeller, dbvisard  .
> > and i checked java programms with as1.8 - all ok
>=20
> Open Office 1.1 starts under AS2.
>=20
> I have no idea what the difference is.
>=20
> I can run a java demo ok --=20
> ./java -jar ../demo/jfc/Notepad/Notepad.jar
>=20
> from the Sun 1.4.2 j2sdk, but that doesn't sound like a sufficient test.
> It does open and do stuff, though.
>=20
> This is AS2-cvs as of Oct 10. (I really ought to update!)

xemacs still doesn't open in AS2 last time I checked.  I thought it might
based on it going to a desktop that I didn't have visible, but even after
modifying the as database, it still doesn't show up.  I know that xemacs
specifies geometry kind of oddly (geometry means characters not pixels), and
am curious if that is causing an issue.

	-Sean

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--