Re: xterm background color?

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:04:16 -0600

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:44:52PM -0600, MIKE G ROSING wrote:
> > For all [xa]term, put something like the following in your
> > ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources:
> >
> > ! Defaults for all xterm clients
> > XTerm*background:   yellow
> > XTerm*foreground:   darkblue
> > XTerm*highlightColor:  red
> >
> > Then run
> >
> >  xrdb ~/.Xresources
> >
> > "man xrdb" and "man X" and search for "Resources" for more
> > information.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --
> > Bob McClure, Jr.
>
> That's what confused me, there is no .Xresources
> or .Xdefaults in the $HOME directory.  Thanks,
> forcing it to exist will work fine!
>
> Mike Rosing

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.  I've never found out the
difference in purposes of the two different files.  Maybe they are
synonymous.  Just to be sure, I have them hard-linked together so they
are the same file.

Until I get smarter, I do what works.

It's worthwhile to look at the "Resources" section of the man pages
for various X apps you use, and see if there are any other
characteristics you would like to customize in your ~/.Xresources (or
the other one).

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
There is no right way to do a wrong thing.