Re: Need to give up on 2.0

Frank Gore (gore@projectpontiac.com)
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:44:58 -0500

On Mon November 24 2003 18:31, MIKE G ROSING wrote:
> Sure, I just did ./install.script and let
> it do all the work.  I can do it one step at
> a time if you can tell me which single step
> that mod goes in.  I make hardware, not software!
> The install.script causes a whole lot of things
> to happen, and I really don't want to know *all*
> the details, but I really like Afterstep and will
> be happy to help find the bug.

Try the following:

cd into the source tree
./configure --enable-gdb --prefix=/where/to/install
make
make install

then setup afterstep to run like so:

/where/you/installed/afterstep -l ~/afterstep.log

And then after you've managed to crash afterstep, just email the log
file to sasha@aftercode.net (preferrably compressed somehow)

Frank