Re: Laundry list for AS 2.0 beta3

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:09:10 -0600

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 08:55:06AM -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:

> Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:42:34AM -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> >

> >Hmm.  Well, as recommended in your README, I assured that I had (for
> >PNG):
> >
> >libpng10-1.0.13-8
> >libpng-1.2.2-16
> >libpng10-devel-1.0.13-8
> >libpng-devel-1.2.2-16
> >
> >What am I missing for PNG support?
>
> seems to be ok - not really sure which exact packages RH uses.
>
> send me your libAfterImage/config.log , so I can see better what is
> going on.
>
> also try looking for png.h and then run configure as so:
>
> configure --with-png-includes=/path/to/png.h

Ok, the PNG problem is solved.  I did a "locate png.h" and discovered
an antique (ca. 1997) png.h in /usr/local/include, as well as a
matching libpng.so in /usr/local/lib.  I moved those out of the way
and did a "make clean", "./configure", "make", and "make install".
Then I moved my ~/.afterstep/ (with its fixed images) out of the way
and restarted.  Now all the icons come up right.

Thanks for the clue.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Prayer should be our first resource, not our last resort.