Re: Bug? A horizontal border line right below the pagers

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:18:51 -0600

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:43:42AM -0500, Hugh wrote:
> Sasha Vasko wrote:
>

> >Hugh wrote:
> >
> >>Dear AS users,
> >>
> >>I have installed 2.0-beta3 on three machines from
> >>the tar ball all using Xfree86-4.3.0.1-21 from SuSE-9.0
> <snippage>
>
> In the new revision, please get rid of the default behavior of C-v.  It
> bothers me so much
> in emacs editiing.  I could not figure out how to disable the default
> behavior.
> As someone already talked about it, it should be the thing that each
> application should
> decide, not the window manager.
>

> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>G. Hugh Song
> >>
> >>PS: I think AfterStep is the fastest among all
> >>window managers that I used so far, and also
> >>the most beautiful.
> >>The only complaint so far is about C-v which
> >

> >C-v ? What C-v ?
> >
> >Sasha
>
> You may check it out by opening up
> emacs /usr/local/share/afterstep/pager
> and type "Control-v" to proceed to the next page.
> In the old AfterStep-1.x days, I could simply choose the ICCCM feel which
> disabled this C-v behavior.  Now, it is gone.  I cannot find any feel.
> in AfterStep-2.0-beta3 beside the Default one.
> Yes. I played with it without any success.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hugh

mkdir ~/.afterstep/feels # if it doesn't already exist
cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT \
  ~/.afterstep/feels/feel.hugh

Edit ~/.afterstep/feels/feel.hugh.  Near the bottom of the file are
the key bindings.  Comment out the one for Ctrl-V.  Save and exit,
then reload AS.

Now a question for Sasha.  Why the provision for multiple feels?  Is
that to allow for a Windoze feel, a GNOME feel, et al?

Interestingly, I found that having the local file named feel.DEFAULT
didn't work.  When I renamed it to feel.bob, it worked.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Having a sharp tongue may cut your throat.