feel.DEFAULT (C-v behavior for emacs, Re: Bug? A horizontal border

Hugh (hughforsuse@comcast.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:28:38 -0500

Bob McClure Jr wrote:

>>>C-v ? What C-v ?
>>>
>>>Sasha
>>>

>>You may check it out by opening up
>>emacs /usr/local/share/afterstep/pager
>>and type "Control-v" to proceed to the next page.
>>In the old AfterStep-1.x days, I could simply choose the ICCCM feel which
>>disabled this C-v behavior.  Now, it is gone.  I cannot find any feel.
>>in AfterStep-2.0-beta3 beside the Default one.
>>Yes. I played with it without any success.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Hugh
>>

>mkdir ~/.afterstep/feels # if it doesn't already exist
>cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT \
>  ~/.afterstep/feels/feel.hugh
>
>Edit ~/.afterstep/feels/feel.hugh.  Near the bottom of the file are
>the key bindings.  Comment out the one for Ctrl-V.  Save and exit,
>then reload AS.

Thanks for your help.

I just figured out what was wrong with my method.
The default feel is actually hard-coded in the Afterstep
rather than being chosen from
/usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT.
I went to "Left-mouse clock => Desktop => Feels =>
feel.DEFAULT." after revising the file.  It now works.

This behavior defies the purpose of naming it "DEFAULT"
in /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT.
In my opinion, something should be revised in the code.
In my opinion, /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT
should be automatically chosen at start-up.
Otherwise, the file should be named differently
such as "feel.sample"

BTW,
Why are there two places under the home directory?
One ~/.afterstep, the other is ~/GNUstep/AfterStep/...

Regards,

Hugh