Re: feel.DEFAULT (C-v behavior for emacs, Re: Bug? A horizontal border ...)

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:45:54 -0600

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 06:28:38PM -0500, Hugh wrote:
> BTW,
> Why are there two places under the home directory?
> One ~/.afterstep, the other is ~/GNUstep/AfterStep/...
>
> Regards,
>
> Hugh

The former is for AS v2, and the latter (which is actually
/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/) is for AS v1.x.  As I understand it,
Sasha was trying to follow some (perhaps proposed) standard and so
went to the ~/G*/L*/A* scheme.  But it appears that everyone else
ignored it, so Sasha, with the encouragement of many list members
abandoned it and went (back) to ~/.afterstep.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Having a sharp tongue may cut your throat.