Re: feel.DEFAULT (C-v behavior for emacs, Re: Bug? A horizontal border

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:59:56 -0600

Hugh wrote:

> This behavior defies the purpose of naming it "DEFAULT"
> in /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT.
> In my opinion, something should be revised in the code.
> In my opinion, /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT
> should be automatically chosen at start-up.
> Otherwise, the file should be named differently
> such as "feel.sample"

It is named feel.DEFAULT so that it could show up in the menu and you
could go back to original setup, by selecting it. When AfterStep gets
installed (starts up for the first time) it copies it into
~/.afterstep/non-configurable/0_feel and then reads this specific file.
If you need to alter this feel you should copy it into your home
directory and rename it appropriately :

cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/feels/feel.DEFAULT
~/.afterstep/feels/feel.HughsFeel

then edit this new file.
It will show up in the menu beside the DEFAULT once you do
menu/desktop/Update startmenu ( or once you restart AfterStep )

And from then onwards you will have 2 feels in the menu - one your own
and one DEFAULT, allowing you to choose one, and possibly go back to
default feel if you mess your own too badly.

Once again - you still have to choose the feel from menu in order to
apply any changes you made to it.

Sasha.