Re: [As-users] Problems under 2.6 kernel

Albert 'Tigr' Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:02:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

This could be a problem in AS but this also may be a problem
with the video card and XFree. I had this sort of problem
long time ago running on a laptop. 2.6 supports stuff like
support for AGP and so on, make sure the config is correct.

Just an idea...
Albert

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Mark Thorp Duxbury wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I know everyone is focused on the 2.0 release but I am having a problem with
> 1.8.11 and thought I'd ask if anyone had any suggestions.  I am seeing what
> looks like perhaps some sort of race condition on startup.  About 25% of the
> time, afterstep startup ceases after clearing the screen and drawing one
> pixel in the upper left hand corner.  ~/.Afterstep-errors doesn't show
> anything unusual and 'ps/top/whatever' shows that afterstep is running, but
> it isn't using any cpu so I presume it's blocking for something that it may
> have have already happened (and since this only happens sometimes... thus the
> race theory).
>
> I've never seen this before.  It only happens with the 2.6 series kernels (I'm
> using 2.6.2).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Mark

GPG fingerprint = EDF4 CEA9 4CBF 0FAF 02B3  5839 B871 C957 3953 115F
An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world.
                                 A pessimist fears that this is true.