Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.0 beta4 release

Vae (as_ml@vaevictus.net)
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:28:01 -0500

Actually, I don't think so...
it wouldn't be a matter of "turning on or off an existing" setup.
It would require a large patch of code, that would translate these=20
filenames.
It would require other patches, that would disable the internal checking.
All this, to gain *NOTHING*, and to *BREAK* certain things we have in=20
place for copatibility.   I say *NOTHING* because there is no problem=20
putting jpeg data in a .jpg file.   I don't know why you'd want to be=20
less forgiving of the guy who puts .xpm data in a .jpg file, if you're=20
talking about being forgiving.

Furthermore, you can't use a configure tag to rename data files=20
referenced by xml.  Or perhaps I should say, don't want to.  It would be=20
a large, and very ugly hack.

Sasha's not going to waste his time writing patches to do very little,=20
at least not when he's got Forms/ASCP to have nightmares about. =20
However, if submitted a quality patch, I think he might consider putting=20
it in.  He *always* considers patches.  He almost always uses them, if=20
they're quality.  :D

Nathan Mahon