[As-users] Bluecurve in AfterStep

Ushnish Basu (ubasu@ce.berkeley.edu)
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:40:49 -0800

Sasha Vasko <sasha@aftercode.net> wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know that AfterStep 2.0 beta4 had just been
> released. So go grab it from usual places :

[snip]

> # Old AfterStep 1.8 look had been ported to 2.0 and you can now select it from
> Looks menu as look.Legacy.

That's in fact a very welcome addition.

Would it be possible to add Gnome's Bluecurve theme to Afterstep? I tried
looking at the theme files, but it seems that the buttons, titlebar etc
are dynamically composed using xml scripts that presumably make sense
only in Gnome world. So I am not sure if there's an easy way to do it.

Hopefully, there are other people who think that putting the Bluecurve
theme on Afterstep is worth the effort. ;-)

Thanks,

Ushnish

--
Ushnish Basu          ubasu@ce.berkeley.edu