Re: Fwd: Re: [As-users] AfterStep2 still won't start some programs

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:49:56 -0500

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:10:38PM -0500, Sean Dague scripsit:

[stop top posting, please; it mangles the flow of conversation in a
multi-person discussion]

> To follow up, here is a screen shot of what it looks like when I try
> to run xemacs, it just sits there.  I added -l to the afterstep
> command (as shown in ps), and no messages are put into the error log
> when this happens.
>
> Screen shot is here: http://dague.net/images/ss.png

You have two instances of afterstep running; that's *bound* to screw
things up.  I suspect xemacs is opening in the *other* afterstep,
somehow.

If you use "afterstep -l", you have to give it a logfile -- "afterstep
-l .as_errors", frex.  It doesn't write to the system log.

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,