Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.0 beta4 release

Christof (szafot@poczta.fm)
29 Mar 2004 14:10:17 +0200

Sasha wrote:
> Hi all.
>=20
>=20
> Just wanted to let you know that AfterStep 2.0 beta4
> had just been released. So go grab it from usual places=20
> [...]
> Desktop switching is still somwhat slow due to
> conservative memory utilization approach, that
> AfterStep employs. I may implement additional code for > caching root bac=
kgrounds on the X server, which=20
> should make things very fast at the expense of memory
> utilization.

Please Sasha, do it, as an option at least. I think we have nowdays enough =
memory. I'm used to switch deskopts often and they have different backgroun=
d - to know where i am. I think that new Afterstep should be at least so fa=
st as the old one, which i'm usung for years...
Regards

Krzysiek