Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.0 beta4 release

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:42:55 +0100

Le 2004-03-13 13:07 (samedi), Vae a =E9crit /=20
On 2004-03-13 13:07 (samedi), Vae wrote :
>=20
> > 4. I did not manage to change the background of any of the desktops.
> >    The configuration I use was in a file
> >    afterstep-2.00.beta4/share/afterstep/looks/look.Border. I restarte=
> >    afterstep and selected this file in the "look" menu with no effect=
 :

> >MyBackground "tiledSciFiBackground"
> >   Use 0 "~/img/cyborg-Bjork_head1.jpg"
> >   Pad 0 yellow
> >   Align 4
> >~MyBackground
> >
> >DeskBack  0  "tiledSciFiBackground"
> >

> Backgrounds are not setup this way. =20

Those configuration directives came from the
afterstep-2.00.beta4/share/afterstep/looks/look.Border file. So maybe
this file content should be updated.

> you set them up by selecting them=20
> from the pictures menu, under desktop on the root menu... and putting=20
> files in the .afterstep/backgrounds directory...  restarting afterstep=20
> is unnecessary, just select "update startmenu" from the desktop menu.
>=20

Thanks for the hint, but what I like in AfterStep is that everything is
in configuration files. I'm especially looking to use AfterStep
background painting with advanced tiling and resizing options. How could
that be achieved with a picture selection menu ? There should be
something in the configuration files to obtain what we used to have with
asetroot isn't it ? Maybe this will possible only in future releases ?

> The main reason we're not using the .xml suffix, is because currently,
> the xml in said files could be replaced with image files directly.

I should have thought about that :-\ Thank you for your answer.

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>