Re: [As-users] configuring afterstep 2 beta4b

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 15:20:25 +0200

Le 2004-03-27 09:56 (samedi), Fran=E7ois Patte a =E9crit /=20
On 2004-03-27 09:56 (samedi), Fran=E7ois Patte wrote :
>=20
> I try to configure afterstep 2 beta 4b:
>=20
> 1- I want to use some feels from version 1.8 (autoraise), is it possibl=
e? and
> how could I do? I tried to copy this autoraise file in a directory feel=
s in my
> ~/.afterstep, but it is not very stable.

I suggest you to copy the feel.DEFAULT file, that comes with the
AfterStep distribution, to a file that you can customize to fill your
needs, for example : .afterstep/feels/feel.Mine

Then restart AfterStep session, and you will find your feel file in the=20
Desktop -> Feel menu.

Then you can start modifying this feel.Mine file progressively to have
all the things you want back.=20

> 2- I want to get rid of new windows sticked to the mouse pointer every =
time you
> open a new one: it is very tiresome with popup from internet sites!
>=20

First, you can use the Mozilla web browser which recent revisions have
popup blocking facilities :-)
Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Popup Windows -> Block unreq=
uested popup windows

Second, you can customize your feel file by uncommenting the
"RandomPlacement". This means that if a window cannot find a place to
appear by "SmartPlacement" it will find it randomly.

> Thank you for any answers
>=20

I don't know the answers to your other questions, sorry :-(

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>