Re: [As-users] mozilla, evolution stopped working

Jordy Simpson (vampire@rubyred.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:55:51 -0700

Sasha & Skip,

I have also had this problem with AS 2.0.  Mozilla (both Firefox and
1.6) just won't run some days.  It happens when starting them from a
wharf button, from term windows (both as normal user and as root), and
from the menu.  Switching over to KDE or WindowMaker, they start just fine.

System:  SuSE 9.0
Kernel:  2.6.4 (also happens on stock 2.4.21-202)
CPU: 1.4GHz Pentium 4
RAM:  512MB
Video:  Matrox Marvel G400-TV 16MB
etc.

Relevant wharf entries:
    *Wharf internet 64x64/internet.jpg,3_dots.xpm Folder
            *Wharf Konqueror logos/konqueror Exec "Konqueror" konqueror &
            *Wharf Firefox 64x64/firefox_icon.png Exec "Firefox"
/opt/firefox/firefox &
            *Wharf Mozilla 64x64/mozilla_fancy.png Exec "Mozilla"
/opt/mozilla/mozilla &
    *Wharf ~Folder

Misc:
  afterstep --version reports AfterStep version 2.00.beta4b
  I removed the database setting for "Mozilla-bin" (I only have one
desktop set up) but it didn't help

Right now I had to switch back to running KDE since I haven't had time
to deal with my web browser not starting due to needing to get work
done.  I can send any other info you might need, just didn't want to
waste too much space with irrelevant details.  Also, anything you want
me to try, let me know.

-Jordy