Re: [As-users] software patent regarding pager

Logan Rathbone (logan.rathbone@utoronto.ca)
Thu, 13 May 2004 01:45:44 -0400

On May 12, 2004 09:35 am, Albert 'Tigr' Dorofeev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well, I made a submission to Slashdot but it was rejected.
> What next?
>
> Albert

That's probably because an article of that subject was already covered on
Slashdot some time ago.

However, I also read that their idea is quite a bit of an expansion on the
simple idea of a Pager, and their whole thing involves a process that is
quite a bit more engaging and complex than simply clicking on a grid, and it
involves flashy animation and stuff.  I'm sure that if the patent even gets
through, it will be very specific to the effect M$ is trying to accomplish,
and won't be able to eliminate the general idea of the pager & virtual
desktop that has been around for almost 20 years.

--
Poprocks and Coke are a plentiful combination.