Re: [As-users] Problems with bugs@afterstep.org

Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net)
Thu, 20 May 2004 09:26:43 -0400

"M.-A. DARCHE" <ma.darche@cynode.org> writes:

> And as for the mailing lists archives, where is the canonical place
> for them?
>
> I thought it was http://www.tigr.net/afterstep/mail/ but the last
> time they were updated is February 2004.

I don't know the official home for the mailing list archives.  I know
tigr has an archive mailbot updating the above address.  I don't know
what it's status is or if it's "official".  Since the list is run
with GNU Mailman, there's an archive on mail.afterstep.org:

is the standard "welcome" page for a Mailman mailing list.  You can
subscribe there, login and change your subscription information, and
browse the archives.

  http://mail.afterstep.org/pipermail/as-users/

I'll be the first to agree that Mailman's archives aren't the
greatest.  The above address doesn't have thread navigation.  I
really like debian's mailing list archives and their navigation.  I
don't know what they use.  If someone found a good link on setting it
up on debian stable with a Mailman archive, I'd do it.

I'm guessing that my archives are as complete as anyone's is.  That's
not to say it's a bad thing if someone else wants to archive the
mailing list as well.  Many high-taffic mailing lists have multiple
archives.  For that matter, it might be possible to add as-users to
geocrawler.  Anyway, you asked; I answered.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543