Re: [As-users] DocBook XML conversion

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 20 May 2004 15:36:03 -0500

M.-A. DARCHE wrote:

> Sasha wrote:
>
>>Documentation is still in dire need of being cleaned up and updated,
>>and the plan right now is to convert it all into DocBook XML. Anybody
>>willing to help - let me know.
>>

> The conversion to DocBook XML hasn't started yet from what I gather by
> reading the CVS repository, has it?
>
> If it hasn't started yet I'm willing to start it, just let me know what
> is expected in details.

We  ( niklas@fet.at aka born2late mostly, with my support) are working
on new visual documentation, which you may sample by going to

http://www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=visualselect

I would like to move whole AS doc to something like that, and at the
same time implement some sort of a bridge between libAfterConf and docs.

the idea I have is to create lots of small HTML files - one for each
config option. Arrange them in directory structure, which would look
something like that :

config_options/look/
config_options/look/MyStyle/
config_options/look/MyFrame/
config_options/look/MyBackground/
config_options/feel/
config_options/feel/Function
config_options/autoexec/
config_options/menu_item/
config_options/menu_include/
config_options/base/
config_options/colorscheme/
config_options/pager/
config_options/wharf/
config_options/wharf/item/
config_options/winlist/
config_options/wintabs/
config_options/animate/

etc...

And then have this structure autogenerated using libAfterConf from
templates. And this templates should be in turn one file per option
containing XML snippets describing it.

Now to implement all that - I need to have present docs converted into
XML, so that I can extract those templates from it.

So if you could generate me XML from current man pages, I would be most
gratefull.

Thanks
Sasha