Re: [As-users] DocBook XML conversion

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Sat, 22 May 2004 15:19:05 +0200

Le 2004-05-20 15:36 (jeudi), Sasha Vasko a =E9crit /=20
On 2004-05-20 15:36 (jeudi), Sasha Vasko wrote :
>=20
> We  ( niklas@fet.at aka born2late mostly, with my support) are working=20
> on new visual documentation, which you may sample by going to
>=20
> http://www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=3Dvisualselect
>=20

Very clever, especially in terms of usability.

This is typically what can bring new users to AfterStep, or at list not
frightening them to use it.

A good software without good documentation, unless the software is dead
simple, will never survive in the end. Sasha, your dedication to
documentation give me hope for the future of AS. But I'm less optimist
about the C code. What would happen to AS if you were to stop
maintaining it? Would someone else be able to understand the AS C code?
For example, I've just skimmed rapidly through the source and haven't
found many comments.

> I would like to move whole AS doc to something like that, and at the=20
> same time implement some sort of a bridge between libAfterConf and docs=
.

Clever again

> So if you could generate me XML from current man pages, I would be most=
=20
> gratefull.
>=20

What XML format do you want the man page content to be converted to,=20
DocBook XML, XHTML, anything special ?

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>