Re: [As-users] DocBook XML conversion

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christer_Th=F6rn?= (christer.t@swipnet.se)
Sat, 22 May 2004 15:46:57 +0100

M.-A. DARCHE wrote:

> A good software without good documentation, unless the software is dead
> simple, will never survive in the end. Sasha, your dedication to
> documentation give me hope for the future of AS. But I'm less optimist
> about the C code. What would happen to AS if you were to stop
> maintaining it? Would someone else be able to understand the AS C code?
> For example, I've just skimmed rapidly through the source and haven't
> found many comments.

No kidding. When I did some fixes for my WinList, it took me half a day
to figure out what is now pencilled down on my (physical) desktop:
"desktop=body[7]". I don't remember exactely what it means, since it was
half a year ago I scribbled it, but I don't dare to rubber it out in
case I will need it again. :-)

Some developer documentation of AS would be really nice and help attract
people to further develop AS. Then again, it might be more important to
attract users at this stage before scratching developers itches.
--
ChTh