Re: [As-users] hiding the wharf

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:07:54 -0500

Nanna wrote:
> I'm after something like auto hiding the wharf, somewhat auto-hide-taskbar-esqe ala win9X/2k.
>
> After a bit of searching through the archives I've only come up with discussion from a few years
> back when afterstep classic branched off and had this feature.  is there any sort of trickery that
> would enable this?  something that'll trigger if to show when the mouse hits the edge, and hide
> again.
> I don't know how much of afeature request it is.... but hey... gotta say something.

Well autohiding is a tricky feature and has lots of associated problems,
so unless it is really neccessary - I'll try not to implement it :)

There is a Wharf-specific workaround though: You can make your top-level
Wharf folder consist of one ( or several ) tiny buttons, that when
pressed - will open subfolder with all the rest of the buttons.

> anyway, many thanks in advance, and a definate big thanks to anyone who's developed or helped out
> with as.  it's definately me fav. win manager _by far_.
>
> Nanna.

Thanks
Sasha