Re: [As-users] major bug in afterstep on Solaris

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:34:42 -0500

Fabrice Ilponse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    When i try to start afterstep (2b4 or devel) it hangs up at
> libAfterConf/Base.c:341
>
>    show_progress("Pixmap Path changed to \"%s:%s:%s\" ...",
> Environment->pixmap_path?Environment->pixmap_path:"", getenv(
> "IMAGE_PATH" ), getenv( "PATH" ));
>
>    The problem is printf ("%s", NULL) crashs on Solaris whereas i might
> display (null) on Linux. Either getenv( "IMAGE_PATH" ) or getenv( "PATH"
> ) could return NULL.
>
>    I've just comment this line for now but can it be patched in the cvs
> tree?

Sure, thanks for reporting

Alternatively you can start afterstep as :

afterstep -V 0

That will disable any output to console from AS, thus fixing your
particular problem. But I'll surely fix it in CVS.

Thanks
Sasha.