Re: [As-users] DocBook XML conversion

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:51:42 +0200

Le 2004-05-20 15:36 (jeudi), Sasha Vasko a =E9crit /=20
On 2004-05-20 15:36 (jeudi), Sasha Vasko wrote :
>=20
> M.-A. DARCHE wrote:
>=20
> And then have this structure autogenerated using libAfterConf from=20
> templates. And this templates should be in turn one file per option=20
> containing XML snippets describing it.
>=20
> Now to implement all that - I need to have present docs converted into=20
> XML, so that I can extract those templates from it.
>=20
> So if you could generate me XML from current man pages, I would be most=
=20
> gratefull.
>=20

Are those all the man pages to be converted?

./libAfterImage/apps/ascompose.man
./libAfterImage/doc/afterimage.man
./libAfterImage/doc/ascmap.man
./libAfterImage/doc/asfont.man
./libAfterImage/doc/asimage.man
./libAfterImage/doc/asimagexml.man
./libAfterImage/doc/asvisual.man
./libAfterImage/doc/blender.man
./libAfterImage/doc/export.man
./libAfterImage/doc/import.man
./libAfterImage/doc/transform.man
./libAfterImage/doc/ximage.man
./src/Animate/Animate.man
./src/Audio/Audio.man
./src/Banner/Banner.man
./src/Cascade/Cascade.man
./src/Clean/Clean.man
./src/Form/Form.man
./src/Gnome/Gnome.man
./src/Ident/Ident.man
./src/Pager/Pager.man
./src/Save/Save.man
./src/Script/Script.man
./src/Scroll/Scroll.man
./src/Tile/Tile.man
./src/Wharf/Wharf.man
./src/afterstep/afterstep.man
./src/asetroot/asetroot.man

I haven't a good knowledge of how to build man pages, so I ask, are those
source files for themselves, or are they generated from other source=20
files?

I re-ask you my previous question: To what XML format the man pages
should be converted, DocBook XML, XHTML?

I think a conversion to DocBook XML would be more sensible because
DocBook XML can later on be converted to both XHTML and man page.

But I would like your confirmation before starting any work.

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>