Re: [As-users] DocBook XML conversion

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:28:24 +0200

Le 2004-06-16 08:43 (mercredi), Sasha Vasko a =E9crit /=20
On 2004-06-16 08:43 (mercredi), Sasha Vasko wrote :
>=20
> >Are those all the man pages to be converted?
> >
> >./libAfterImage/apps/ascompose.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/afterimage.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/ascmap.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/asfont.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/asimage.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/asimagexml.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/asvisual.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/blender.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/export.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/import.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/transform.man
> >./libAfterImage/doc/ximage.man
>=20
> All libAfterImage docs are generated from comments inside the code, so=20
> no need to do those, at least for now.
>=20

Ok

=20
> These are obsolete stuff :
> > ./src/Banner/Banner.man
> > ./src/asetroot/asetroot.man
> > ./src/Gnome/Gnome.man
>=20

So, should they be removed from CVS?

> These should be converted into XML :
> > ./src/Cascade/Cascade.man
> > ./src/Tile/Tile.man
> >./src/Animate/Animate.man
> >./src/Audio/Audio.man
> >./src/Clean/Clean.man
> >./src/Form/Form.man
> >./src/Ident/Ident.man
> >./src/Save/Save.man
> >./src/Script/Script.man
> >./src/Scroll/Scroll.man

Ok

> These are already converted and I'm working on it :
> > ./src/Pager/Pager.man
> > ./src/Wharf/Wharf.man
> > ./src/afterstep/afterstep.man
>=20
>=20
> >I haven't a good knowledge of how to build man pages, so I ask, are th=
ose
> >source files for themselves, or are they generated from other source=20
> >files?
>=20
> Only libAfterImage pages are generated, everything else is the source i=
n=20
> itself.
>=20
> >
> >I re-ask you my previous question: To what XML format the man pages
> >should be converted, DocBook XML, XHTML?
>=20
> DocBook XML.

Ok

Everything is now perfectly clear. I'll start working on the conversion
from Saturday.

> Remaining to do:
> - NROFF format conversion
> - auto-generation of the Glossary
> - Move code for generation of clipart image catalogue from src/ascp, an=
> join it with ASDocGen.
> - Write some doc for ASDocGen :)
>=20

Interesting :-) I would like to help but it will depend on my free time.
I'll first do the conversion and then I'll see what's left to be done
when my task is done.

> See if maybe you can spot any malformed HTML/XML generated.
>=20

I will.

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>