Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.00.beta5 released - 2nd problem

Fabrice Ilponse (fabrice@avertec.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:59:33 +0200

Sasha Vasko wrote:

> Start afterstep spooling output into file, like so :
>
> afterstep -l ~/afterstep.log

Hum... i hadn't tried this one... So what is the perpose of  'afterstep
-V 0' ?

> Otherwise it will dump too much output into console, and if you start
> it in term that will cause deadlock, as term will stop processing
> output untill display is unlocked, but afterstep needs to print debug
> messages prior to unlocking it.
>
> <>configuration file. Perhaps is it the wait command in the autoexec
> when the application could not launch...
>    A little question about configuration:
>
>>       How can i specify to draw a black border for the windows?
>> Sometime i can't distinguish between two 'gvim' windows because there
>> are no left and right edge for the windows. I could not find how to
>> do it :(
>

> Add style to database for gvim and put in there :
>
> Style   "gvim*" BorderWidth 1

i've added:
Style   "*gvim*"         BorderWidth 3
Style   "*GVIM*"         BorderWidth 3

but nothing append.
In the title bar of gvim window i have '[no file] - GVIM1' that's why i
added the uppercase gvim. I am wrong?

I had a bigger problem. I was messing with ddd. I don't really know what
i've done when i tried to grab the independant action panel but the
afterstep menu appeared. I closed it but when i tried again to move the
ddd window. The resize cursor(if think) was showing and anyway i tryed
to move the window. But it's not a resizable window IMO. At this point
no response from afterstep. The process was eating all the CPU power. I
don't know if the problem reaaly have to do with the non resizeable
window but it's my guess.

c u