Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.00.beta5 released - first problem

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:39:50 -0500

Fabrice Ilponse wrote:

> Done, it seems to work but in the file there was a '#' before
> ',StartOnDesk 1', doesn't that mean it's a comment?

That may be a bug I need to take care of

> I tried that with no effect.
> but rather:
> *PagerRows      2
> *PagerColumns    4

to get 2x4=8 desktops you want to start Pager as:
Pager 0 7

to get 2x4 viewports per desktop, you want to change
DeskTopSize 2x4
(in base config)

> One more thing found:
> When launching afterstep, there a message in the log telling something
> about not finding 'MonitorWharf'. At this point nothing appends until i
> move the mouse around.

Create symlink with that name for Wharf.
Not sure why it was not created by make install

Sasha