Re: [As-users] AfterStep 2.00.beta5 released - 2nd problem

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:15:19 -0500

Fabrice Ilponse wrote:

> Sasha Vasko wrote:
>

>> Both of these are in debug code that is compiled out in production.
>> I fixed it in CVS, but you can fix it in your tree by replacing line
>> 970 in libAfterStep/decor.c with :
>>
>> LOCAL_DEBUG_CALLER_OUT( "label \"%s\"", text?text:"null" );
>>
>> then try and rebuild and see if it crashes somewhere else.
>>
> For now, i've just added "#undef LOCAL_DEBUG" in config.h because i
> don't want to wait for a crash to know where to apply the corrections.

that to large degree defies the purpose. I do want to see all the debug
messages.

> I have some more to signal:
>    When i was trying to use afterstep in debug mode, there was lots of
> output. When the screen turns blue displaying messages, the display was
> freezed. I made a top and afterstep was using 0% CPU. I killed it and

Start afterstep spooling output into file, like so :

afterstep -l ~/afterstep.log

Otherwise it will dump too much output into console, and if you start it
in term that will cause deadlock, as term will stop processing output
untill display is unlocked, but afterstep needs to print debug messages
prior to unlocking it.

> configuration file. Perhaps is it the wait command in the autoexec when
> the application could not launch...

Yes, you can delete Wait command from autoexec, but I'm wondering why
MonitoringWharf does not start.

The way Wait behaves - it will wait for several minutes for proper
window to appear on screen. If window does not appear - you can cancel
the wait, by moving or pressing mouse.

>    A little question about configuration:

>       How can i specify to draw a black border for the windows? Sometime
> i can't distinguish between two 'gvim' windows because there are no left
> and right edge for the windows. I could not find how to do it :(

Add style to database for gvim and put in there :

Style   "gvim*" BorderWidth 1