[As-users] Re: AfterStep 2.00.beta5 released

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:51:29 +0200

Le 2004-08-17 17:00 (mardi), Sasha Vasko a =E9crit /
On 2004-08-17 17:00 (mardi), Sasha Vasko wrote :
>=20
> Completed :
>       1) Win32 port of libAfterImage
>       4) fixing all the remaining modules
>       5) doc update/rewrite/whatever.

The doc in HTML format looks very nice and complete, and what's very
important, there is now a developer documentation along the user
documentation, with the structs well documented :-) That's great!

> 7) desktop switching should be faster due to background caching.
>=20

Sadly I haven't observed a big improvement in that area with=20
1280x1024 JPEG images for each of my 5 desktops. Actually on a Pentium
II 300Mhz having those image backgrounds makes AS 2.0 unusable :-( This
was not the case with previous versions of AS.

Those 2 bugs are still hanging around since the first betas of AS 2:
  - Commented "AutoTabThroughDesks" has not effect, window switching
    is always performed through all desks.
  - The WinList jumps 1O or 20 pixels down after a few window switchings
    and then disturbs window placement.

I would qualify those 2 last bugs as blocking for the stable release,
while not being able to use large images is not.

Cheers,

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>