Re: [As-users] starting some expternal application from autoexec

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:02:36 -0500

Jacques Silberstein wrote:

> I'd like to start some application at the beginning of an an afterstep
> session. As I understand the documentation a should add some instruction
> in autoexec, formaly in ~/.afterstep/autoexec.
> I did this:
> 	Module  "I"     Wharf
> 	Wait    "I"     Wharf
>
> 	Exec    "I"     "KWord" kword

It should be :

	Exec    "I"     kword

Function definition is allowed to have only one name, which is "I" in
this case, which means that it has to be executed Immidiately.
everything after "I" is treated as command line.

> 	Wait    "I"	KWord
> 	Module  "I"	Banner
>
> With that code fragment, the startup is slower but kword doesn't start.
> The banner comes later.

That's cos AfterSTep waits for window with name kword, which never comes
  up.
Note that you don't have to add Wait for every command - you can start
several things in parralel top speed things up.