Re: [As-users] upcoming releases of AfterStep and aterm

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:01:52 -0600

M.-A. DARCHE wrote:

> Le 2004-11-24 10:39 (mercredi), Sasha Vasko a =E9crit /=20
> On 2004-11-24 10:39 (mercredi), Sasha Vasko wrote :
>=20
>>Just wanted to let you all know that I'm planning on releasing=20
>>AfterStep 2.00.01 and aterm 1.0 upcoming tuesday and Wednesday respecti=
vely.

>>AfterStep is mostly a bugfix release. I think I nailed all of the bugs =
I=20
>>was aware of, except for some iconification stuff that I cannot reprodu=
ce.

>=20
>=20
> I now use AS 2.0 from CVS on all the computers I use at work and am ver=
> pleased with it :-) I was using AS 2.0 only at home before.
>=20
> There is still a reported bug not fixed in AS at the moment:
>=20
>>[As-bugs] Print key cannot be binded
>>http://mail.afterstep.org/pipermail/as-bugs/2004-November/000046.html
>>
>=20
>=20
> Since I reported this bug the situation has changed a bit: the print ke=
> now prints the active window while before it wasn't doing anything. But
> still this key cannot be binded in feel files and that was the key we
> were using here to take screen and window captures. I miss that key
> binding possibility :-(

You may want to check your keyboard map using xmodmap and possibly remap=20
keys for Print. Afterstep has no control over that really.

> Before releasing the new stabilized version, I would like to commit som=
> very small usability changes in the values of feel.DEFAULT and database
> files. This is so that users trying AfterStep for the first time will
> find the default values more usable. Usually most of us old AS users
> don't care too much about the default values because we have our own
> custom look and feel, but it is not true for people who try AfterStep
> for the first time. Sasha, I'll email you privately so that I can commi=
> again.

>=20
> And not a bug related to AfterStep code, but to AfterStep promotion:
> http://mail.afterstep.org/pipermail/as-bugs/2004-November/000047.html

DNS for AfterSTep is hosted by David Mihm, and he absolutely refuses to=20
put in an entry for afterstep.org. Its been like that for ages.

Sasha