Re: [As-users] Keyboard cursor movement question

Renegade Muskrat (dramaley@spatulacity.cx)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:09:21 -0600

Thank you! This hint was exactly what i wanted. When reading man pages
and Google results i must have missed that "p" can be appended to
measurements to use pixels.

At 10:58 AM 11/29/2004 -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:

 >Try CursorMove  -1p 0
 >
 >Any function that takes 2 itegers as its parameters that represent
 >position or distance on screen will treat it as exact pixel value if
 >number is post-fixed with 'p' or 'P'
 >
 >Sasha.
 >

 >Renegade Muskrat wrote:
 >
 >> Hello. I am running AfterStep 1.8.11 and have been playing with a
 >> customized feel file
 >> (~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/0_feel.24bpp). I have

 >> assigned the keypad arrow keys with a modifier to move the mouse
 >cursor,
 >> using lines such as this:
 >>     Key KP_Left     A      3     CursorMove -1 0
 >> So far that works well (if you are curious, "3" is the modifier i
have

 >> mapped for the left "windows key" on my keyboard). However, this
 >causes
 >> the cursor to move by several pixels (1% of the screen, which on my

 >> screen is 12 pixels). Is there a way to define a key combination
that

 >> will only move the cursor 1 pixel? I tried something like this:
 >>     Key KP_Left     A      S3     CursorMove -.1 0
 >> But it wasn't recognized. Entering decimal numbers in the feel file

 >> doesn't seem to be supported. Is there some other way to get
 >> single-pixel movement that i have overlooked? Thanks in advance for

 >any
 >> response.
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233