Re: [As-users] Some programs prefer certain desktops

Renegade Muskrat (dramaley@spatulacity.cx)
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:06:29 -0600

Thank you for the help! I copied the database file and went through and
completely removed all instances of "StartsOnDesk". Now it works as i
would expect; the desktop i launch an application from is the desktop
that it uses. And if i restart AfterStep applications stay on the
desktop they were on instead of being reassigned.

 >What you're running into are the default database settings.
 >Copy /usr/share/afterstep/database to ~/.afterstep and edit it.
 >Style	"Firefox-bin"		Icon mozilla-star.png	#, StartsOnDesk 1
 >You want to change that last bit to 'StartsOnDesk 0'
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233