Re: [As-users] Shortcut keys not working, possible Pager bug

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:16:49 +0100

Le 2004-12-30 21:28 (jeudi), Renegade Muskrat a =E9crit /
On 2004-12-30 21:28 (jeudi), Renegade Muskrat wrote :
>=20
> Next, i have some keys defined to take screen shots:
>=20
> Key Print       A       A       TakeScreenShot
> Key Print       A       S       TakeWindowShot
> Key Print       A       C       TakeFrameShot
>=20
> When i press any of these, i can't locate the screen shot file (if one=20
> is being created at all). The documentation i read indicates that these=
=20
> functions should create files in my home directory. This is not the=20
> case. I also checked the system temp directories (/tmp and /var/tmp),=20
> and AfterStep's configuration directory (~/.afterstep) but screen shots=
=20
> weren't there either. Is there somewhere else i should look for screen=20
> shot files?
>=20

This might be related to "Print key cannot be binded":
http://mail.afterstep.org/pipermail/as-bugs/2004-November/000046.html

Read also:
http://mail.afterstep.org/pipermail/as-users/2004-November/001433.html

The "take screen shot" commands should create PNG images in your home=20
directory.

To check that the "take screen shot" commands are functional and that
the problem only comes from the key binding, open a Popup window on any
window (AfterStep default in this matter is: select left icon with
button 1) and at the top of the list you will find the 3 screen shot
commands. Those commands here are the same that should be triggered when
you press the Print key.

Since it seems that we have the same bug you and I, that we are both
using latest Debian X packages, and that Sasha (main coder) states that
the AS code is working for the Print key binding, it might be an X bug
in Debian. You should check your keyboard map and report here.
Unfortunately I haven't had time too. At the moment I'm only using the
"Take screenshots" functions from the Popup window.

Cheers,

--=20
Marc-Aur=E8le DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org/>
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>