Re: [As-users] AS 2.00.01 start menu sort order

Nathan Mahon (as_ml@vaevictus.net)
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:27:39 -0500

Good thought, but wrong thinking. :D

the numerical prefixes are not sorted in ascii, they appear to be sorted
numerically.
so ... prefixing your filenames with zeroes only makes your hands tired.

You might want to try this:

mkdir a_OldStuff
echo "name Shared Menu" > a_OldStuff/.include
echo 'include "/usr/share/afterstep/start" >> a_OldStuff/.include

or ... you could essentially renumber a shared folder like this:

mkdir 9_Applications
echo "name Applications" > a_OldStuff/.include
echo 'include "/usr/share/afterstep/start/0_Applications" >>
a_OldStuff/.include

I'm doing both.

Good Luck

n8