Re: [As-users] AfterStep release 2.00.02 and aterm 1.00.beta2

Martin DiViaio (martindiv@yahoo.com)
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:35:28 -0500 (EST)

I'm using a fresh copy of afterstep-stable from cvs (I deleted the
afterstep-stable dir on my system and downloaded). I'm running RedHat
Linux 9 with all available updates from the Fedora Legacy Project
(automatic update at midnight).

I'm getting the following compile time error (repeated several times):

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/martin2/installs/cvs/afterstep/afterstep-stable/libAfterStep'
gcc -DNO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -O2 -Wall -fPIC  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c asapp.c
asapp.c: In function `spawn_child':
asapp.c:814: `environ' undeclared (first use in this function)
asapp.c:814: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
asapp.c:814: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [asapp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/martin2/installs/cvs/afterstep/afterstep-stable/libAfterStep'
make[1]: *** [../../libAfterStep/libAfterStep.a] Error 2

The compile eventually dies with the above and then:

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/martin2/installs/cvs/afterstep/afterstep-stable/src/ASDocGen'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Any ideas?

--
12529
The first Rotarian was the first man to call John the Baptist "Jack."

-- H.L. Mencken