Re: [As-users] Desktop image appears washed out

Renegade Muskrat (dramaley@spatulacity.cx)
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:50:18 -0600

This problem is resolved. It turned out that my images were at fault. I
used ImageMagick's convert command to convert the images to a Windows
bitmap (to make sure there was not transparency or gamma information
saved), then back to PNG. Now the images display properly.

At 11:26 AM 1/10/2005 -0600, you wrote:
 >Are those PNG images ?
 >Do they have Gamma setting saved in them ?
 >do you have SCREEN_GAMMA env var set?
 >
 >Try setting SCREEN_GAMMA to different values between 1.0 and 2.0
 >also you can send me one of the images so I can see what's wrong with

 >them .
 >
 >Sasha
 >

 >Renegade Muskrat wrote:
 >
 >> On AS 2.00.01 i'm trying to add desktop images. I copied some
images
 >> ~/.afterstep/non-configurable/[0123]_background. The images show up
on

 >> the appropriate desktops, but they don't appear as i expect them
to.
 >All
 >> images appear as if the contrast has been turned down and the
 >brightness
 >> has been turned up. I've examined the look file to see if there was

 >some
 >> option controlling how the background is rendered, but i did not
see
 >> anything. Is there some option that i missed that will make the
 >> background images display without being washed out?
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233