Re: [As-users] upgrading

Nathan Mahon (as_ml@vaevictus.net)
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:09:32 -0500

Upgrading will actually make the aterm spawning problem worse, as of today.
2.00.03 still has a bug in it. ( i haven't gotten a bug fixed in the new
ebuild for it yet...)
sasha and I are working on the Smart Placement bugs, but would love your
help.
If you want to help debug, follow this procedure so we can get it fixed:

1. cp /usr/portage/x11-wm/aftestep/afterstep-2.00.02.ebuild to your
portdir overlay (you may need to set one up).
2. rename it to use 2.00.03.
3. install it with: USE=debug  emerge afterstep
4. run through a session starting enough aterms to have it screw up.
5. take a screenshot
6. quit afterstep and gzip the log file.
7. post the screenie and log file here

9. Profit!

n8