Re: [As-users] upgrading

Andrew Sullivan (ajs@crankycanuck.ca)
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:34:37 -0500

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 01:24:33PM -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> Nothing of the sorts :) The only big change was to revert back from
> ~/GNUstep/L/A nonsense to more standard ~/.afterstep.

So if I try just copying old files from ~/G/L/A to ~/.afterstep, I'll
get some clues about what breaks?

> I tried my best to keep AS as backwards compatible as possible, and
> considering that it was rewriten almost completely within last years, I
> think I did a good job at it. There are some oddities though due to the

I'm not trying to fault anyone.  I just have a problem I'm trying to
fix.  I often spend 14 hours a day in my window manager, and the
keystrokes are built into my neurons now.  And alas, I don't have
much time to futz with a new config (so it's easier just to maintain
an old version forever unless this is a trivial matter).

> Something tells me though that you will be better off trying supplied
> look/feels that do take advantage of many a new features, and then
> altering whichever one you like best to your liking. After all there

I was afraid that'd be the case.  Ok.  Thanks.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
		--attr. John Maynard Keynes