Re: [As-users] upgrading

Jason Day (jasonday@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:43:09 -0500

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:13:20PM -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:38:50PM -0500, Jason Day wrote:
> >I updated my database and pager files, and this problem went away.
> >Sorry for the false alarm.
>
> What was the change? AfterStep should not be that slow under any
> circumstances.

I had been using database and pager files that were generated from an
early beta of afterstep 2.  I just copied them to the ~/.afterstep
directory.  After I sent my message it ocurred to me to diff the files
in ~/.afterstep with those in /usr/share/afterstep, and there were lots
more differences than I was expecting.  So I copied database and pager
from the current /usr/share/afterstep, modified them slightly, and
restarted the afterstep session and that fixed it.  It also fixed the
problem I had with afterstep looking for feels in ~/GNUstep/L/A/feels.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep the old database and pager files.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9