Re: [As-users] problem with "save session"

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:22:04 -0500

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:34:39AM +1100, Andre De Michiel scripsit:
> > Well it gets saved automagically at the time of logout in
> > ~/.afterstep/non-configurable/workspace_state
> >
> > To save it to any other file or at arbitrary point, you can use function
> >  SaveWorkspace described here :
> >
> > http://www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=Functions#options.SaveWorkspace
> >
> > And bind it to a keypress or a menu item, or wharf button.
>
> since moving to afterstep 2.0 i have never had a working saved workspace
> state (from the beta versions through until 2.0.2). logging out just
> generates the following:
>
> Function "WorkspaceState"
> EndFunction
>
> The only time I seem to be able to get a workspace state saved is when I
> update the afterstep start menu. This problem has occured on both debian
> stable, debian sarge, slackware 10.0 and slackware 10.1 machines. Is
> there something I am missing in a config file that would be causing
> this?

I've been getting the same thing with handrolled RPMs on Fedora Core 3.

This isn't functionality I particularly *use*, but it hasn't been there.