Re: [As-users] AS looks questions

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:13:07 -0500

Sean Dague wrote:

> A couple of questions
>
> 1) Could AS be made to see fonts that fontconfig can see?  I found I had to
> relink system fonts into ~/.afterstep/desktop/fonts to get it to pick them
> up, which makes it harder to use those in a look scheme.

whats fontconfig ? Are those TTF fonts? I did put a path to TTF fonts
usually installed with X into base file into FontPath, but individual
distros may wary.

> 2) Is there a WinList font setting separate from the Window title setting?
> I'd like to crank down the WinList fonts, but keep Window titles bigger.
MyStyles to use could be defined by these WinList options :

*WinListFocusedStyle	"style"
*WinListUnfocusedStyle	"style"
*WinListStickyStyle	"style"

If any of these is not defined then WinList will try to use :

"focused_window_style"
"unfocused_window_style"
"sticky_window_style"

Then if any of the styles remain undefined, then WinList will use :

"*WinList"

And finally default MyStyle will be used for anything that still remains
undefined.

> Thanks,
>
> 	-Sean

Hope that helps