Re: [As-users] AS looks questions

Sean Dague (sean@dague.net)
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:30:28 -0400

--===============1463714251==

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:13:07AM -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Sean Dague wrote:
>=20
> >A couple of questions
> >
> >1) Could AS be made to see fonts that fontconfig can see?  I found I had=
> >relink system fonts into ~/.afterstep/desktop/fonts to get it to pick th=
em
> >up, which makes it harder to use those in a look scheme.
>=20
> whats fontconfig ? Are those TTF fonts? I did put a path to TTF fonts=20
> usually installed with X into base file into FontPath, but individual=20
> distros may wary.

=46rom the readme: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig-2.2.96/README

This is the third public release of fontconfig, a font configuration and
customization library.  Fontconfig is designed to locate fonts within the
system and select them according to requirements specified by applications.

Fontconfig is not a rasterization library, nor does it impose a particular
rasterization library on the application.  The X-specific library
'Xft' uses fontconfig along with freetype to specify and rasterize fonts.

Keith Packard
keithp@keithp.com

More info is at http://www.fontconfig.org/wiki/.  This is the way most Linux
distros are now managing fonts.

> >2) Is there a WinList font setting separate from the Window title settin=
g?=20
> >I'd like to crank down the WinList fonts, but keep Window titles bigger.
> MyStyles to use could be defined by these WinList options :
>=20
> *WinListFocusedStyle	"style"
> *WinListUnfocusedStyle	"style"
> *WinListStickyStyle	"style"
>=20
> If any of these is not defined then WinList will try to use :
>=20
> "focused_window_style"
> "unfocused_window_style"
> "sticky_window_style"
>=20
> Then if any of the styles remain undefined, then WinList will use :
>=20
> "*WinList"
>=20
> And finally default MyStyle will be used for anything that still remains=
=20
> undefined.

Yep, just want I was looking for, thanks.

	-Sean

--=20

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--