[As-users] Re: [As-bugs] Window Shade problem

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:03:10 -0500

Andre De Michiel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed an 'interesting' bug in the window shade functionality.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> * Click and hold the 'window shade' button in your titlebar
> * Drag the cursor from that window to another window
> * Release the mouse button
> * Marvel at the window the cursor is over as it shades itself :)

Yeah, thats a feature of AfterStep that's been around forever :)
Now I even added a little window displaying hint such as "Please select
target window"

Basically PressButton event only selects what function will be run.
AfterStep waits for ReleaseButton even before selecting window that
should be a target for the function. Also if you release button over the
root window - it cancels out operation altogether.

> Quite funny + unexpected when if first happens.

Sasha