Re: [As-users] where is database "Layer" setting documented?

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 04 May 2005 17:24:50 -0500

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still attempting (with limited success) to make as 2.x work as
> comfortably to me as 1.8.  One thing I find extremely annoying is
> that I don't seem to be able to get the WinList and Wharf to stay out
> of my way.  I have a feeling this has something to do with the
> "Layer" settings in the database file; but this far, I haven't found
> the documentation that describes what those layers are.  Which man
> page are they in?

http://www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=ASDatabaseEntry#options.Layer

Wharf WinList and Pager go on layer 2 by default even if there is
nothing in the database for them. You have to explicitely override that
and add Layer 0 to database.

AvoidCover/AllowCover is also usefull option for them modules