Re: [As-users] where is database "Layer" setting documented?

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 06 May 2005 09:51:41 -0500

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 05:24:50PM -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
>
>>http://www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=ASDatabaseEntry#options.Layer
>>
>>Wharf WinList and Pager go on layer 2 by default even if there is
>>nothing in the database for them. You have to explicitely override that
>>and add Layer 0 to database.
>>
>>AvoidCover/AllowCover is also usefull option for them modules
>

> You know, I hate to be a grouch about this, but (a) mystery surprise
> documents that are on a web page somewhere are way less useful to me
> while in the subway than a man page and (b) much of the documentation
> that I find in the 1.8.x man pages (the really complete revisions, by
> David Mihm) is still useful, but the "man page" that comes with 2.0.x
> is little more than an nroff-compatible version of the README.  Even
> just putting ##FIXMEs## in the man page source would have been better
> than throwing the old docs away.

Dear frustrated AfterStep user!

We offer full and sincere apologies for subjecting you to such an
unbearable torture as using AfterStep in the subway. Subway trains
usually create exceedingly high levels of noise, which is detrimental to
a productive work environment. The fact that subway trains could be
packed with mind bogglingly high number of people at rush hour, further
contributes to a high stress level, that you may experience. We are
sorry for the inconvinience.

As we are trying to satisfy our customers in any way possible and
impossible, we offer this valuable advise to you, in order to help you
reduce the stress, and possibly introduce you into a highly productive
state of mind :

1) DO NOT PANIC
2) Proper breathing is essential: Begin by exhaling fully, then inhale
on a count of 4 pushing down your stomach for a more fullfilling
experience, hold your breath for a count of 8 alowing prana to reach
every distant part of your body, exhale on a count of 4 making sure you
  keep your anus tightly shut, and then hold your breath for the count
of   2.
3) Use calming imagery: Close your eyes and imagine standing on an ocean
beach, watching small waves slowly and rithmically roll ashore.
4) Do not consume any alcoholic beverages after 7 P.M. or at least 3
hours before going to bed. That will keep you healthy and in good
spirits when waking up in the morning.
5) Restrain your sexual activities, as they deplete your energy levels
and may very well exhaust you both mentally and phisically.

We appreciate you asking us for help with your problems, and sincerely
hope that above advices will help you achieve more joyfull experience
with AfterStep.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further problems you may
experience.

John Smith
Senior Executive
Public Relations Department