Re: [As-users] Afterstep on terminals

Ross Camm (rossco@snapgear.com)
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:24:46 +1000

i have recompiled with success using the debian method.

can you tell me what version of afterstep will have the change you
mention below, and what does this change mean....do i still need to
recompile with the --disable-shmimage option, or do i start afterstep
like this or similar

afterstep --NoSharedMemory

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 12:47 -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
> To remedy situation in future, I added NoSharedMemory flag to the base
> config. This is in CVS for now, and god knows when it will make it into
> deb, as sarge just got frozen.
>
> Thanks
> Sasha
>
> steve downes wrote:
>
> > Andrew,
> >
> > Many thanks, I should have thought there would be a deb way of doing it.
> > I'll get on with it.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> >
> >> If you install devscripts (it'll make you get some other things), and
> >> then
> >>
> >> apt-get source afterstep
> >>
> >> you should be able to cd into the resulting afterstep dir and use
> >> debuild to look after everything for you.  Once you've done that
> >> (i.e. proved that it works) you'll need to adjust the rules file to
> >> hand the additional ./configure options in; but it ought to be
> >> self-evident what to do by then.  This way, you get the Debianized
> >> package build just for your system.
> >>
> >> Hope that's helpful.

Ross Camm, Technical Support, Asia Pacific
SnapGear - A CyberGuard Company
Leaders in embedded Linux security
http://www.SnapGear.com
rossco@snapgear.com
Ph: +61 7 3435 2888
Fx: +61 7 3891 3630
SnapGear - Custom Embedded Solutions and Security Appliances